Bunzl & Biach - History

History

The history of BUNZL & BIACH in Austria dates back to the second half of the 19th century. In 1888 Moritz Bunzl bought a paper mill in Ortmann (Lower Austria) that already used waste paper as raw material in paper production.

In 1936 the company was transformed into a limited company and integrated in the BUNZL group holding. Due to increasing waste paper demand, BUNZL created a depot in Vienna and one in Linz. On December 17th, 1990 the company was reestablished as a private limited company. As a result, the new ownership was represented by SCA Graphic Laakirchen AG and SCA Hygiene Products GmbH (Ortmann).

In 2013, Heinzel Holding has purchased 100% shares of the paper mill SCA Graphic Laakirchen AG. This acquisition also involves the purchase of 51% majority holding in BUNZL & BIACH.

Nowadays BUNZL & BIACH belongs to the mother companies Heinzel Holding GmbH and Essity Austria GmbH (previously called SCA Hygiene Products GmbH).